It takes time to create a home and layer it with pieces you love, but the process is so worth it, especially if everything you choose brings joy
Vintage wallpaper has a multitude of uses and comes in such gorgeous, joyful designs; it’s well worth looking out for it at fairs and in shops. Use it to line the drawers of an old chest, wallpaper the back of a glazed cabinet for interest, as wrapping paper, or frame sections to hang on the wall
- Vintage wallpaper: Hadrian Decorative Salvage (Instagram @hadriandecorativesalvage).
- Wooden chair: Try your local large car-boot fair for an abundance of wooden chairs.
- Chiffon lampshades: For similar, try Arthur Swallow Fairs (asfairs.com) or Etsy.
- Vintage bed sheet (used as backdrop): It’s worth looking in charity shops or on eBay for old linen.
I always love vibrant, hand-painted vintage crockery, and I especially love vases with floral motifs. Brighten up a mantelpiece or a side table with a group of three mismatched vases in different heights and contrasting designs.
- Tall vase: Antiquity has a lovely selection of vintage floral homeware, including vases and paintings
- Medium vase: Ardingly Antiques & Collectors Fair (iacf.co.uk).
- Small vase: Norfolk Antique & Collector Fair (norfolkantiquefair.co.uk).
- Florentine tray: The Urban Vintage Affair has an amazing selection of beautiful Florentine trays (theurbanvintageaffair.com, Instagram @the_urban_vintage_affair)
Style & Vintage is a monthly feature by Tamsyn Morgans in Reclaim.
This feature is from issue 70 – Available to buy here
Photography, words and styling by Tamsyn Morgans